Friday, May 2, 2014

Choir Performance and First Aggie Softball Game

 
Thursday, April 24th, I took the girls to school and then came home to write the blog.  After school, I went to pick up the girls and then we came home to play and relax a little before going to the girls softball game.  Grandad and LaLa came to this game.  Natalie said she would play, so she played in the field and then it was our time to bat.  Natalie decided she didn't want to again, so we took up time from the game until finally decided to bat with Daddy pitching to her.  She got safe on first base and then started walking to the dugout because she didn't want to run the bases, but we made her go back out there and a lady coach from the other team ran with her to second and Natalie just held onto her hand.  She wanted her to run to third base with her to, but she had to let go, but Daddy was the coach on third base, so that helped her.  Shaylee was at bat and hit the ball, so Natalie started running home, but got out, so that was that.  Natalie was done with softball after that.  She said softball is just not her sport.  She just hung out in the dugout with LaLa and Grandad the rest of the game.  She wanted to play in the field, but we told her that wasn't fair, so we know she likes the field part, it is just the batting part she doesn't like and she doesn't like to get tagged out.  Meagan on the other hand did great, she hung in there and played and ran her best.  Natalie is a really good player to, but she can't help it if she doesn't like parts of the sport.  After the game, which we won, we said bye to LaLa and then we went to eat at Fudderucker's with Grandad and Daddy.  Meagan got to play some games because she played the whole game of softball, but Natalie had fun watching her play, we had to reward Meagan somehow.  After we ate, we told Grandad bye and we all came home and got ready for bed.
Friday, we did some things around the house and then it was a beautiful day outside, so we decided to eat lunch with Alicia and Andrew at Boston's and we sat outside, so the kids could play by the water fountain.  While Alicia and I were talking, the girls were playing by the benches for a while, so I decided to go and check on them.  They were writing with crayon on the benches outside of Boston's.  Meagan was copying words out of a menu and she had spelt the word 'beer' on the bench.  On that was pretty funny, but I still felt really bad that they did that.  We stayed there for about two hours and then we told them bye.  I took the girls to the library to check out some more books.  We love to go to the library!!  Then we met up with Alicia, Andrew, Olivia and Elizabeth at Spoon's for some yogurt and the kids played outside together.  We ended up staying there for about two hours to.  We just love that family, always good times.  We came home and cleaned and played and I made some dinner.  Daddy came and we ate together and we played video games together.






Saturday, I took the girls to the Aerofit grand opening celebration, so we got to look at the gym and the kids area.  Then we went outside to do the bounce house and got animal balloons and then we got some food to eat and Daddy met us there for that.  The girls did one more bounce house thing and took a picture with the Chick-fil-a cow, then we left to go get something better to eat at Willie's Ice House.  The girls played in the sand and then I washed them off and we ate lunch.  We saw the girls friend from school, Caleb, there.  Then they got to play some games.  We left and then Daddy ran to see what the girls had written on the bench by Boston's.  We came home and changed the girls.  Then we went to get a used camera that Daddy found on Texags.  Then we headed to Navasota to Shaylee and Shelbee's birthday party on a pasture.  It was a lot of fun, they had bounce houses, balls, circus games, a big dirt pile (the biggest hit with Natalie by far), barrel train and a hayride that the girls went on without Daddy and I.  It was a fun party!  Meagan got bit by an ant on the dirt pile and she was screaming so loud, poor thing.  She is so frightened by ants, or any bugs for that matter, she definitely gets that from me.  After the party, we came home and got ready for bed.  I was starting to get a head ache, so I went to sleep early.
Sunday, we just took it easy in the morning because I still had my head ache.  We ate lunch at home and then the girls and I got ready for Mary's baby shower.  LaLa came over and she had a surprise for us, she got us a new bird bath because mine had broken.  That was really nice of her!!  Then she rode with the girls and I to Waller for Mary's baby shower.  We got to visit with Janet, Margie and Gayle.  It was a cute shower.  Then Gayle rode back with us to Navasota and we dropped her off.  Then we got the girls some food from Dairy Queen and they ate it at LaLa's house.  After they ate, we let them swim in the pool for a little bit.  They were so excited to do that.  Meagan jumped in right away and Natalie jumped in, but was a little scared at first, but they both got used to it.  They didn't get to swim very long because we had to get going to Awana.  Daddy rode back with us and we told LaLa bye.  We took the girls to Awana and then Daddy and I ate at Free Birds.  We ran a couple of errands and then came home.  I went to get the girls and talked to Kelly for a little bit.  We also purchased wooden cars for the race at the end of Awana in a couple of weeks.  The girls are excited about that.  They are going to build them with Daddy.  We came home and got ready for bed.






Monday, we had a lazy day.  We stayed home and played and I cleaned a little bit to.  We had a softball game tonight and we had a lot of people come watch tonight.  Celeste, Cade, Dana, Grandad and LaLa.  Natalie stayed in the dugout the whole game with me, but Meagan played.  She got out a couple of times at first base because she would hit the ball right to first, but she was okay with it.  She felt a little sad you could tell, but then she would get over it.  It was a good game, we won by one point.  I really like having family at the games to watch, it makes it so much fun!  Shaylee got the last outs of the game, she made a double play, she caught the ball and then touched first base.  Pretty awesome!!  After the game, we got our team pictures and snacks and then we went to eat at Cotton Patch with the family.  It was good to visit with everyone.  Then Celeste, Cade, Dana and Grandad all had to get on the road back home.  We came to our house and got the girls ready for bed!  They had a great day and Natalie was so happy she didn't have to play softball!!!
Tuesday, the girls had school, so I took them to school.  While they were there, I went shopping for a couple of things and then it was time to get them.  After school, we came home and they of course wanted to play Lego video games right away.  We did that for a little bit and then we played outside with bubbles, chalk, parachute, plasma cars and play dough.  We had a great time!  I was going to come in to cook, but the electricity was out, so we played outside some more with the swings and the sandbox.  The electricity came back on, so then I made a homemade pizza for dinner.  Daddy came home and we all ate together.  Good times!  We just played together the rest of the night and then it was time for bed.









Wednesday, I took the girls to gymnastics and there I met a lady named Auburn, really nice.  We then figured out that she knows Alicia really well, small world.  She came out to the park after gym with us and all the adults got to talk.  The kids all played really well together!!  We had a good group of moms out there today, the weather was awesome.  A little chilly, but so nice!  We all ate our lunch and then stayed there until almost 1:30pm.  Meagan and Natalie had fun playing with Haven and Kelsey today.  After the park, the girls and I came home and I showered them because they were so dirty.  Then we played for a little bit and got them in PJ's for their choir performance this afternoon.  I took them to choir for practice and I sat with Alicia and other mom and chatted until it was time for the performance, Brandon and Daddy came to watch to.  It was really cute!  Alicia and I even made the program for helping out this year.  The kids all did a really good!!  We took some pictures afterwards and then we thanked Mrs. Meghan and told Alicia's family bye.  Daddy and I changed the girls into their softball uniforms and then we all headed to the Aggie Softball field.  We met up with our softball team there.  That was our first Aggie Softball game to attend.  It was fun, all the girls were having a blast playing together.  We were missing Mia, Caitlin and Sydney though.  Natalie liked playing with Coach Shane.  Aggies won the game.  It was chilly out there.  We had a great time though.  We told everyone bye and then Daddy, the girls and I ate at C&J's BBQ for dinner.  Then we came home and got ready for bed.  We were all tired!!  Good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment