Monday, August 18th, we said bye to Oma this morning, she was driving to Houston for work and we left early to drive to Grapevine. We went to Legoland with Daddy. We had a lot of fun getting to ride the rides this time. The girls enjoyed the movie and playing with all the legos. They enjoyed building lego cars with Daddy and then racing them. After we were done there, we ate lunch in the Food Court and then walked around the mall and bought some new Beanie Boos that we didn't have yet! We had fun! Now it was time to check into our room at the Great Wolf Lodge!!! We checked in and the girls each got a pair of wolf ears to wear. We got to our room and relaxed a little bit and put on our swimsuits. We went for a swim and played on the waterslides and the girls even did a big slide with us!!! They liked it!! We tried out the indoor pools first and then the outside pools. We had a blast!! Then we went to our room to change and then went to the arcade area and we ordered a pizza to eat for dinner. We ran into my friend, Marcy, there with her family. We ate our pizza and we fed Natalie something else, since she still won't eat pizza. Then we spent the evening playing games in the arcade!! We had so much fun together today!!
Tuesday, we got up and had a little breakfast and then we swam all morning and did some slides. We had such a fun time in the water. We even did the wave pool!! The big slides were fun, Natalie usually rode with Daddy and Meagan usually rode with me. We played in the arcade for a little bit and then we left and drove around Grapevine a little bit. We found a Joe's Crab Shack to eat at and the girls played outside a little bit. Then we went to Downtown Grapevine and found a yogurt/ice cream place called 'Cassie's' to eat at. Then we went back to the Great Wolf Lodge and played in the arcade again. We stayed in there for a while and then we decided to go swimming again!! We were just having too much fun!! We then put the girls in their pj's and took them to the storytime and then went back to the arcade and won a bunch of prizes including some stuffed animal snakes. We went to bed later than usual.
Wednesday, this morning we checked out of our hotel and said bye to the Great Wolf Lodge. We drove to Dallas and went near our next hotel and found a cafe called 'Mom Daugther Diner' and we ate brunch. It was pretty good! It was definitely an old restaurant. Then we went to the Renaissance Hotel and checked in. Daddy got ready for his meeting and while he was at his meeting, I took the girls to a Snip-Its close by to get their hair cut and for it to be put up cute. There was a toy store real close to that, so after they got their hair cut, we looked around the toy store and of course found another Beanie Boo and some other fun toys. We came back to the hotel and we got our swimsuits on and we went up to the top of the hotel to the pool and hottub to swim. Spent most of the time in the hottub because the pool was so cold. We had fun!! Then we went to the room and got dressed. Once Daddy got there, we drove around looking for a Dave and Busters, but could not find one open or the right place, lol! So we decided to go to a pizza place called Roma's. We really wanted a Dave and Busters though, oh well!! We stopped to get some groceries and then we headed back to the hotel. Good times! ;)
Thursday, I did not feel good this morning, had a bad headache. Daddy went to his meeting and the girls and I just hung out in the room. I started feeling a little better! Amy, Lauren and Ryan came to our hotel and we got ready to go swimming at the pool. Again we mostly hung out in the hottub because the pool was so cold, but we did get in it!! I felt much better and it was so fun to visit with them. We had a good time!! They came back to our hotel room with us and we all got changed. We told Amy, Lauren and Ryan bye and then we packed up. Daddy came and then we loaded up and drove back home. I cleaned the house a little bit while the girls played.
Friday, Joanna, Haven, Harrison, Michelle, Haley and Hampton met up with Natalie, Meagan and I at LaLa's pool to swim and have some fun. Michelle and I did the ice bucket challenge together. Michelle poured ice water on Natalie, Meagan and me. Then I poured ice water on Michelle!! Haley was not happy about that, lol!! We ate some lunch there and swam some more. We had a great time and so glad we got to see them before school starts. We came home and I cleaned up a little because we were going to have some guests tonight. Daddy came home and then us four went to the elementary for Meet the Teacher. We waited in line by Cindy M. and her family and finally it was our turn to find our teacher on the list. And we got Kristin V.!!!! We were so excited, that is who we wanted!!! So we found their room and we talked to Kristin and looked around the room. She took our family picture and we talked a little more and gave her cute gifts and giftcards. We saw that Summer and Sadie were going to be in their class, so I was happy to know someone in their class. We told their teacher bye and we went to Target for fun and then we ate at Outback Steakhouse. I saw Sandra S. there, it was good to see her. I told her about the girls starting Kindergarten and she said if I needed anything, I could talk to her. That was so sweet because I am a little sad about them starting school!! We enjoyed our dinner and then we came home! Chris, Katrina and Kaiden came over a little later with their dog to spend the night. We visited and then they went to eat something. We got the girls ready for bed and Chris and his family came back and they went to bed.
Saturday, we hung out with Chris, Katrina and Kaiden in the morning and then we all went over to LaLa's house to swim in the pool. Eddie, Michelle, Tyler, Trevor and Tanner met us there to swim with us. We had a good time!!! We ate lunch there and swam some more. Good times!!! Eddie and his family left and then Celeste, Kelly, Cade and Hollan came over in the afternoon to swim, so we were swimming all day long. It was nice!! I went to pick up some BBQ for dinner and we still swam a little. We had good family/friend time today!!! Great last Saturday of summer, before school starts.
Sunday, we said bye to Chris, Katrina and Kaiden. Good to have them. Then Daddy, the girls and I went to church. We took the girls to the DIG for the first time and they had the Blessings of the Backpacks this morning. It was nice! We went to LaLa's after school to eat some lunch and the girls got to swim with Uncle Bill and Aunt Margie. We talked to them outside for a while. We had a great day. We headed home and got ready for the first day of school tomorrow!! I cried a bunch tonight because I knew I was going to miss having my girls around me all the time!! I have so cherished the time I had with them at home! I wouldn't change that for the world!! They really do grow up so fast!! They are my little babies and I love them so much!!! I pray for a wonderful Kindergarten year and for time to slow down, please!!!
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment