Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Starting Kindergarten

Monday, August 25th, we got up and Daddy and I got the girls ready for school.  We of course had to take pictures.  Then all of us got into the car and parked by the paths by school and we walked to school together.  We all went to Mrs. V's room and we got to put Natalie and Meagan's backpacks in their cubbies.  We talked with Mrs. V and then we found Natalie and Meagan's names on the tables and they got to put their name tags on.  There was a bear activity for them to do in their spot.  We gave them hugs and said our goodbyes.  No tears, they did really well!!  No tears from us either, lol!!  Then Daddy and I walked back to the car and we came back home.  He went to work and then a little later I met up with Michelle P. at Starbucks to visit and talk.  It was nice of her to do that with me because she knew I was going to have a tough day with school and it being new for me.  I will always remember that.  We had a good time!!  I came home afterwards and then got a call from Omie and they were on their way to Louisianna to gamble and wanted to stop by my house to say hi.  It was Opa, Omie, Opie and Aunt Sandra.  They brought some lunch with them from Chicken Express to eat at my house.  That was a nice distraction too.  It was the first time for Sandra to see the house.  So good to see them!!  I'm so happy they stopped by on their way!!!  Daddy came back home before school got out and then we went to get the girls from school together.  The girls had huge smiles on their faces and they said they had a great day!!  That made us so happy!!  We walked to the car and they told us about their day.  They read a book about 'Pete the Cat' Rocking in His School Shoes.  They took a tour of the school and had to try to find 'Pete the Cat'.  It was a cute way to get them interested about learning where everything was in the school.  They both talked about a boy named 'Bentley' in their class and then Meagan talked about 'Summer' and Natalie talked about 'DeAnna'.  They are really going to be good at this school thing!  Aunt Celeste gave the girls some Marble Slab ice cream giftcards, so Daddy and I took the girls there after school to get some ice cream.  It was fun!!  We then went to Hastings to pick out something fun for the first day of school.  We found the 'Pete the Cat' book they read at school and I read it to them again.  They thought that was so funny.  Then we all came home and they had a project about themselves for homework.  We then had time to play and then had dinner!  I think this is all going to be okay!! ;)
Tuesday, I walked the girls to school and walked them back to their pod and told them bye.  I worked in the girls babybooks and then Marcia came over with Kim to clean the house.  I talked to them and then I went to McAlister's Deli to eat lunch and ran a couple of errands.  After school, I took the girls to the library to check out some books and then we went to get some groceries together.  We came home and I cooked some dinner and we all ate and played.
Wednesday, took them to school and then I came home and started working on Oma's 60th birthday book.  I had to scan a bunch of pictures.  After school, we played games and we went to the park to play.  While I made dinner tonight, the girls played video games with Daddy.  And then we ate and had good family time!
Thursday, walked the girls to school and to their pod.  Then I came home and worked on Oma's book again.  After school, it was the girls first day of gymnastics with Coach Aby.  The girls had fun!  Last year to be on the Preschool side.  We came home and Daddy was home!  We all watched the Aggie football game together.
Friday, the girls looked so cute in some to the new clothes they had this week.  I walked them down the trail and to their pod.  Then I came home and worked on Oma's book again.  I picked up the girls later and they survived their first week of Kindergarten!!  I survived it too!!!  Yay!!  When Daddy got home, we went to BJ's to eat dinner.  It took forever!!!  New waiter or something, we were not very happy though.  Then we went to the mall and walked around and they girls got a beanie boo.  Then we went over to Julie's house to take our water slide over there.  They were borrowing it for Addison's birthday party the next day.  The girls got to play for a little bit together with Addison, Sadie and Maegan.  Then we said bye and we came home.  Great first week of Kindergarten!!
Saturday, we slept in a little bit and then we got ready to go to Caitlyn's 6th birthday party at Powersports.  It was fun!  The girls had a good time running around!  Then we came home and ate lunch and relaxed a little and played with Daddy.  Then it was time to go to Addison's 4th birthday party.  It was at their house with the water slide.  It was fun and we got to visit with Julie and Aaron.  We stayed there until around 6pm and then we headed out and we took the girls to LaLa's house to spend the night with her.  Daddy and I came back home and watched a movie.
Sunday, LaLa came to our house with the girls and then all of us went together to church at 9:30am.  Then we all ate at Cracker Barrel afterwards.  We came home and LaLa headed home.  We played some games with the girls, they just love games.  Daddy left to go do a fantasy football game, so I got the girls to bed myself tonight for school tomorrow.  We had a great week and weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment