Friday, August 3, 2012

Celebrating Great Grandpa's Life!

Thursday, July 26th, was a hard day, just thinking about Great Grandpa, we already miss him!!  I took the girls to school today and then picked them up this afternoon.  We talked to the girls about Great Grandpa, about him going to Heaven to be with God and Jesus, but I don't think they understand yet.  Oma and Opa came to the house tonight to visit and see how we were holding up.  I went to pick up Aunt Terrell at the airport in town while the girls were going to sleep.  I brought her to the house, so she got to peek at the girls.  Daddy drove her to LaLa's house and they both stayed there.
Friday, we just hung out in the morning with Oma and Opa and the girls of course danced on the couch to kids music.  Around lunch time, Oma, the girls and I went to the airport to pick up Terrell's luggage and Opa stayed at the house doing the yard, so nice of him!  The rest of us took Terrell her luggage and we helped to clean LaLa's house and gave hugs to LaLa and her family.  The girls just played for a little bit.  We visited and then left in the afternoon to come back to the house and eat dinner with Opa.  I wrote Thank you cards tonight for the girls birthday party.  We watched the opening ceremony for the Olympics.
Saturday, we played with the girls in the morning while Opa cleaned our truck and his truck.  I also went to get a pedicure.  Then I came home for just a little bit to visit and play with the girls.  Oma and Opa watched the girls today at the house, while I went to help out at LaLa's house to fold programs for the funeral and anything else I could help out with.  We also watched the Olympics.  Bryan, Celeste, Kelly, Cade and Hollan were also there with Daddy.  Daddy and I stayed until 10:45 visiting.  Then we came home and went to sleep!


Sunday, Daddy finished making his Grandpa's video, which turned out really nice.  Oma, Opa, Daddy, the girls and I drove down to LaLa's together and visited with family.  Oma and Opa watched the girls and Cade while the rest of the family went to the viewing of Great Grandpa.  It was sad, but a bunch of people showed up, it was really nice.  Daddy's video was awesome!  Granddad came and around 6:30, Daddy had Grandad follow me to LaLa's, so he could visit with the grandkids.  Then the veiwing was over and a couple of people came over to visit afterwards and we sang Happy Birthday to Daddy and Uncle Kelly and had a big birthday cake for them.  We all ate dinner and cake.  Oma and Opa headed out with the girls and then Daddy and I left shortly after that and came home.  We helped get the girls to bed.
Monday, Daddy's 33rd Birthday, we all got up early and got dressed.  We went to LaLa's house and Oma watched the girls and Hollan this morning while the rest of us went to Great Grandpa's funeral.  A bugle player from A&M came to play the silver taps music at the grave site.  It was so nice!  We got to keep a rose and some cotton from his flowers.  We talked to some people and then we all drove to the church and waited downstairs for a little bit and then we walked in as a family inside the church.  It was such a touching and nice service, I really learned so much about Great Grandpa that I didn't know before.  After the service we went next door to talk and have lunch.  There was tons of food and desserts.  So nice!!!!  After a while, Opa and Uncle Kelly went to the house to get the girls, Oma and Hollan to bring them to the lunch.  Everyone wanted to see the girls, they were being so shy at first, it was cute!  We stayed there for a little bit and visited some more and then we went over to LaLa's and visited some more.  Opa took Bryan to the airport and we all stayed there.  Oma, the girls, Cade, Kelly and I went swimming for a little bit, the kids had fun.  Then shortly after that Celeste and her crew left to go home and we stayed for a little longer and Opa came back up to eat dinner.  I went with Daddy to the office to take some plants there and he got some work organized.  Then we drove by Great Grandpa's grave site and then back to LaLa's.  The girls were eating their dinner, so Daddy and I ate to.  Then we left a little while after that and said bye to LaLa and Aunt Terrell.  We got home and got the girls ready for bed and we relaxed a little bit watching the Olympics!
Tuesday, I took the girls to school with Oma and then we came back home and Opa was loading them up.  I said bye to Oma and Opa and they headed towards Austin to see Tara.  I straightened up at home and then met up with Jeanette's brother, Raymond, to talk about three year old pictures for the girls, we ate at Blue Baker, yum!  After lunch, I ran some errands and then went to pick up the girls from school.  Meagan asked 'Where is Oma'?  It was sweet!  We just hung out at home the rest of the day and played a little when Daddy got home.
Wednesday, we played at home in the morning and then I took them to gymnastics and right after gymnastics, we went over to Shayanne's house, so the girls could play with Shaylee and Shelbee and Courtney had Kendalyn there to.  The girls played outside on the waterslide for a little bit and then we came inside to play with Kendalyn a little bit.  It was a nice visit and I love getting some time with my college friends.  We came home for a little bit and then we drove to LaLa's house to visit with Aunt Terrell and LaLa.  When Daddy got home, we went swimming.  We all enjoyed it!  LaLa made dinner and we all ate together and we watched the Olympics.  We said bye and I brought the girls home.  Boy were they in bad mood when we got here, they were tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment