Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Little Trip To Galveston...

Thursday, April 25th, the girls had school and then after school they had dance class.  Thursday's are always busy days with one thing after the other, but fun!!  We came home after dance and played with Daddy.

Friday, we played at home and then we met up with Julie and her kids, Maegan, Saddie and Addison at Chick-fil-a to play and eat.  They had a good time!  Then we invited them over to our house to play for a little bit and they pretty much played in the playroom the whole time.  They are sweet girls.  Then they headed out and we played Cowboy Game for a little bit and then we headed over to Minseung's house to have a play date!  The girls had fun playing with her toys and then they all dressed up in Minseung's old recital clothes.  So Minseung's mom put some music on and they danced, pretty funny!  We said bye and thank you and then we met Daddy at home.  We all went out to eat at Lupe Tortilla and they got to play in the sand for a little bit.  We saw Shayanne and Jaime there and said hi.  After dinner, we came home and played Cowboy Game for just a little bit because they like to play that with Daddy more so than me, he can figure out the game better.  Then it was bath and bed time!
Saturday, we finished packing and played with the girls.  We loaded up and headed to Houston for Kate's baby shower, Daddy dropped the girls and me off there.  He went over to Thad and Nyree's house, while we were there.  The girls were really good at the shower, still kept me busy, but they were really good.  I talked to Aunt Barbara the most.  It was a really nice shower.  It started pouring down rain, of course when we had to leave.  We had to leave early to get to Galveston, I had made plans to go to Trisha's house, so we could visit and the kids could play together.  I have to see Trisha every time I go to Galveston!!  We had fun over there and the girls borrowed Luke and Logan's shirts to play in the sand box and the swing set.  They even got Popsicles.  Then it was time for us to get to the hotel to get ready for Josey's wedding.  We were staying with Oma and Opa in the new Courtyard By Marriott on the west side of town.  When we got to the hotel, Opa meet us down stairs and rode in the elevator with us and Meagan told him right away, 'I love you Opa'.  It was so sweet.  We got to the hotel room and saw Oma!!  She got them some Ariel Swimsuit Cover ups and some new shoes.  I got dressed and then we told Daddy and the girls bye because I was riding with Oma and Opa to the wedding. While we were at the wedding, Daddy took the girls to eat at Joe's Crab Shack and they got to play in the sand and eat good food!  Then they went back to the hotel and they went swimming for a little bit, but then it started lightening, so they had to get out.  He took them back up to the room and got them ready for bed and that is about the time we came back from the wedding.  We had a good time at the wedding, Josey looked beautiful and Tara did a great job on her speech and Mandy, Jason, Justin, Jenny and Jennifer were there.  It was fun!  Back at the hotel room, the girls were so excited that we were back that it took them awhile to fall asleep.  Natalie actually slept in between Oma and Opa with her feet by their face and Meagan and Daddy slept on the sleeper sofa and I had a bed to myself and didn't even know it, ha.  We had a good day!




Sunday, the girls, Oma and I went down stairs to eat some breakfast and watch TV, then Opa came down to eat with us.  Then we went to look at the pool and we decided that the girls could go swimming if Daddy got in with them, so we went to the room and Daddy got up and changed into his suit and we took them down to swim for a little bit.  The girls did really good in the pool. Oma and I came back up to pack up our things.  Then Opa, Daddy and the girls came up to change and then it was time for us to go.  We all drove to Shrimp-N-Stuff to meet up with Tara, Jason, Justin and Jenny for lunch.  We had a good time talking and catching up and the seafood was great to!!  We talked about Tara and Jason just getting a new boat last week, yay!!  After lunch, we all headed out of town.  We followed Oma and Opa and then right after Houston, we all stopped for a potty break together and Opa got the girls some cookies.  They followed us for a little bit and then went it was our exit, we waved goodbye to them.  We continued driving all the way to LaLa's house.  The girls wanted to swim again, so we let them and we watched them to whole time.  They swam pretty much all afternoon.  We got them out and then they were playing by the sand and I was cleaning up everything and I went to put on my flip flop and there was a wasp on it and it stung me, ouch!!  It hurt!!  I had never been stung by a wasp before, so I guess I know how it feels now!!  LaLa got me a mixture of baking soda and water right away and she got the stinger out.  Thank you so much!!  So we sat on the porch for a little bit and then we went inside.  Janet came over for a little bit to talk to LaLa and then Daddy showed up with our dinner, pizza.  It was really good!!  We talked to LaLa for a little bit and ate and then it was time to go.  When we got home, Daddy mowed the front yard right away because it was getting dark outside.  I played Chutes and Ladders inside with the girls.  Meagan loves that game now!!  We play it quite often, but I like it to.  It is a good family game!!  Daddy played it to, when he was done and we played 'Cowboy Game', which Natalie loves that game!


Monday, I took the girls to soccer practice and they had a great time.  They practiced how to throw the ball from the side lines today.  They even got their Hot Shots T-shirts, Natalie had the number two and Meagan had the number three.  They also got another patch.  Fun times!!  Then we left to get some lunch at Sonic, saw Joanna there and then we meet her, Haven, Harrison, Julie, Addison, Maegan and Saddie at a park to play and eat lunch.  We were having a good time!!  Alicia came a little later with Olivia, Elizabeth and Andrew, so we had a good group of kids there!!  I brought some hula-hoops along and I chased the kids with one to act like I was going to eat them.  They liked that! Ha!  Then Joanna and Julie's crew headed out, so we played for a little longer with Alicia and them.  Then they invited us over to their house to play, so we headed that way.  They all played outside and they got their blow up slip and slide out.  Natalie and Meagan didn't have their suits, so they just played naked.  Too funny!  They always have so much fun with Alicia's kids!!  Then I brought the girls home to get ready for gymnastics and we headed out.  They had a great time at gym, one of there favorite things to do on the rings, is look upside down and find me looking through the window and I can see their mouth say 'I see my Mommy'.  So sweet.  They are both getting better at their Round Offs and back flips.  Very impressed.  We then came home and played.  I made some dinner and then Daddy came home to eat and to play.  It started raining, so we had to play inside.
Tuesday, I took the girls to school and I got the proofs from their school pictures.  They took some cute ones.  After school, I picked them up and we ran some errands and then went to the grocery store.  I got them each a ball to keep them busy.  We came home to play outside with chalk, hula-hoops and roly-polies.  Then we played Cowboy Video Game for a little bit and then we went outside to swing and play soccer.  Then we came in and I made some dinner.  We ate and then we played outside again and then played video game again and Daddy came home and played to.  We also played Chutes and Ladders as a family.  Then it was time for bed.
Wednesday, we played at home and then around 11am we loaded up and drove to Alicia's house and they followed us to a nearby park to play.  The kids were having a great time and found a couple of Roly-Polies.  We even ate lunch there.  We had fun!  Alicia wasn't feeling very well, so we headed out and told them bye.  I went by Whataburger for my lunch and then we came home.  I played with the girls and did laundry.  Both girls like to stick stickers on paper and say they are 'working', I guess like Daddy.  We played kitchen in their playroom and cleaned up their room.  I played dolls with Natalie.  We had a good play day at home and I got to clean up a little at that!  I had a good day!  I fed them dinner later and then it was time for Awana.  They both knew their verse really good.  'The Lord has Risen'!!  I took them and came home and did the dishes and put away laundry.  Daddy came home and we went to get the girls.  They said Natalie was upset the last part of class and they didn't know why.  On the way home we found out why, she told us they forgot to call her name, so she didn't get to say her verse and she cried a little again.  Poor thing, her feelings were hurt, she must have tried to tell them, but they couldn't understand her whine voice!!  We told her that next time she goes, she can say it!  Daddy got himself a sandwich at Subway and then we headed home.  We played games for a little bit and then it was bed time.  After bath, last night and tonight, they have liked to play a game called 'Party Pooper' that we have made up.  You have to say something silly and then we will say 'No You Can't Do That', so then the other person gets to say 'Party Pooper'.  They love it, they just think it is so funny!!  Got to love these girls!!  Then it was prayer time and then bed time.  They have really liked us laying with them before they fall asleep or as they fall asleep lately.  I don't mind it, it gives us some quite time together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment