Thursday, August 8th, we got to spend the day with Opa. Opa and I took the girls to the LBJ Ranch to see some old houses and learn about Lyndon B. Johnson. It was fun, we drove around the ranch and even got to tour his family's old house they lived in. The girls got kind of bored at his house, kind of funny! After we did the tour, we had a picnic lunch and the girls swung and looked for pill bugs with Opa. Then we came home and we spent the afternoon at Oma and Opa's house playing there. I made dinner for Uncle Robert and Aunt Agnes and we packed it up and then I took the girls over to Oma's new work to meet her co-workers and to look around. Oma gave the girls each a cookie and then we all rode together to Robert and Agnes' house to visit just for a little bit and give them their dinner. It was good to see them!! Then we headed home!
Friday, we got to spend the morning with Opa again. We went over to my Great Aunt Joyce's house, so Opa could look at her doorbell and to pick up lemonbars. Then we went to see where my Great Grandpa's house is that he grew up in behind the Wildseed Farm and then we went to the Wildseed Farm to look around and Opa bought Oma a pot for a plant. We saw Joyce there and talked to her. The girls each got to pick out something to put on a wall outside our house, Meagan picked a big Dolphin and Natalie picked a lizard. It was Mexican Pottery. We left there and we went to Main Street, so Opa could buy Oma a present for their Anniversary coming up. Then we drove to Mr. Gatti's and we met up with Oma, Omie and Opie there to eat and play. We had a good time! We stayed there for a while and talked. Love spending time with my family. Oma went back to work and then we walked Omie and Opie out and said goodbye to them. Then we came home and played there. Oma got the girls some new swings, so Opa hung them up and the girls played on them for a little bit and the tire swing to. Good relaxing day!
Saturday, the girls played together and with us and they have been really into helping us make dinner/lunch lately, especially Meagan. They both like to help make sweets like cake/cookies/brownies. We all got dressed and Sandra H. came over and Oma rode with her and I followed them with the girls to Ashley's baby shower in Johnson City. It wa cute! We sat with Betty Ann, Kay, Andrea, Sandra and Oma. The girls did a great job until the very end, so we decided to head out. They are always pretty good though I must say! ;) Oma rode back with us and we made our way back home to Oma and Opa's. We just hung out there the rest of the day and played games.
Sunday, I started to pack up and we ate breakfast with Oma and Opa. Then all of us headed out to the reunion in town. We met a couple of new people and then we ate a yummy pot luck BBQ meal. Then they gave away giftcards and the girls won one for being the youngest there and then we one another for coming the farthest away. That was pretty fun!! Then it was time to say our goodbyes to Oma and Opa, but we will be seeing them again next weekend!! The girls and I headed home and stopped at Buc-ees on the way back in Bastrop. Natalie got a cookie and Meagan and I got Dippin Dots. Boy was that a mistake to take that in the car. We were driving back and Meagan spilt her Dippin Dots all in her lap and she was screaming because it was cold, but I had to find a good place to stop to clean it up. Got that done, but it was still all over the car, lol. That was an adventure. We got home and we met Daddy there, we haven't seen him in a while. It was good to finally see him. He cooked dinner for us and we spent the evening together.
Monday, I straightened the house a little and played with the girls. Marcia came over to clean, so we headed out to Navasota and picked up Sonic for lunch. Daddy was at LaLa's house, so we got to visit with him before he went back to work. I took the girls swimming in her pool for a while and then we got out and dried off and played in the sand. We waited until LaLa got home, so that we could visit with her and then we came home and ate dinner here with Daddy.
Tuesday, I took the girls to school and their teacher Ms. Lucy was back from out of town all summer. We were happy to see her!! The girls had a great day and I got some errands and laundry done. We came home right after school and played here with their Beanie Boo's and they rode their bikes. * They have been really into their Beanie Boo's and doing puppet shows with them and Daddy has made cards for them to play with with the Beanie Boo's on them. They have also been into coloring a lot!!
Wednesday, I got up early to take my car into the Toyota dealership to get it serviced. Afterwards, I picked up some breakfast tacos and brought them home. Daddy had the girls up and fed for me, yay! Daddy went to work and I invited Joanna over for Haven and Harrison to play with the girls. We all ate lunch together at the house and the kids had fun playing outside in the sandbox and swings. They also had fun dressing up and playing with all our toys inside! Joanna even read them some books. We had a fun time! After they headed out, I took the girls to the movies to watch Planes in 3D. It was pretty much just like the Cars Movie, but it was definitely a cute movie for their age! I would see it again! Then we came home and played and rode bikes and spent the evening playing with Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment