Thursday, Jan. 2nd, we were able to relax a little bit this morning. The kids have been playing with Furby this whole trip, lol. Cade loves it to! Daddy and I took the girls down to Main Street to walk around and look at some of the shops. We had a good time walking around and taking pictures. Beautiful Main Street!! Meagan got a beanie boo frog (valentine frog) and Natalie got a purple Moose. We even went into the Chocolate Factory there and everyone got a treat! We then came home and made ourselves some lunch at the house to eat and visited with Celeste, LaLa and Hollan. Hollan wasn't feeling very well today, poor thing!! After lunch, we got the girls dressed in their ski clothes and ourselves dressed. Daddy, the girls and I drove to Gorgoza Park to try out Tubing together. We did a big hill first and Natalie didn't like it, so I took Natalie to a little hill to tube and to ride a little ride with tubes in the Fort Frosty area, while Daddy took Meagan on the bigger hill again. Then Daddy hung out with Natalie while I rode on the big hill with Meagan again. Then we had both girls just tube on the little hill for a while and they raced each other and they rode on the little tube ride for a while. Then we rented them some skis for the girls and we had them practice skiing on a little slope. We wanted them to then take some pictures, but Meagan was tired, so she didn't listen, so she had to turn in her skis and go wait in the car with Daddy. I got to take Natalie to a higher hill and taught her how to go down it. She had a hard time doing the wedge, so I was teaching her how to turn to slow down. We made it down the hill and then Meagan and Daddy were walking toward us because Daddy had lost his gloves. I took both girls to the car while Daddy went back to look for his gloves. He didn't find them, but that was okay, we had some extras at the house. We came back to the house and everyone was back from skiing. We all ate leftovers for dinner and then Terrell, Bryan, Cade, Natalie and Meagan got into the hot tub for a little bit. I helped get the kids out! Later on that night, we got all the kids to sleep, Daddy, Terrell, Bryan, Celeste and Kelly all went to Main Street to go shopping and to go to have a drink. I stayed at the house with LaLa, she took care of Hollan and I watched 'A Time to Kill' in the livingroom. It was nice to just relax and watch a movie. Then everyone came back and they showed me what they bought. They got some more beanie boos, a cow, a valentine dog and some other valentine ones. Then we all went to bed. Good day!
Friday, everyone got dressed into our ski clothes and Rich came to pick us all up for our little excursion today. He came around 10:15am and then we drove to Heber Valley to eat lunch at a place called Dairy Keen 'The Home of the Train'. There were trains everywhere and the kids just loved it! It was a fast food place and they got rubber ducks in their kids meals. Walk outside and see mountains, I love it! We all hopped back into the van and Rich took us to Soldier Hollow where we were going to all do tubing. It is were the cross country skiing was held during the 2002 Winter Olympics and located at the Wasatch Mountain State Park. Natalie stayed with LaLa, Kelly, Celeste and Hollan and they all did the little hill for the tubing, while Terrell, Bryan and Cade went together and then Meagan, Daddy and I went down the big hill together. It was fun! Then we got in line again and this time we did a bigger group, we went with Terrell, Bryan, Cade, Meagan, Daddy and myself. It was fun! Kelly, Celeste and Hollan went together. Hollan did not like it at all! So funny! Then we watched the kids do the little hill for a little bit. Then to our surprise, Natalie decided she wanted to do the bigger hill, so LaLa had a chance to go along to. Natalie went down with Daddy and me. LaLa went down with Kelly, Terrell, Bryan, Meagan and Cade. Natalie was scared, but said she would do it one more time. This time it was Daddy, Kelly, Cade, Meagan, Natalie, Terrell, Bryan and myself. Bryan filmed it and it was funny to watch!! We had a great time at the tubing park!! Then it was time to ride with Rich again to Midway, Utah to Homestead Crater where we were all going to get into our swimsuits to swim in a Hot Spring. Pretty cool swimming in a cave with warm water. It was really deep, like 65 ft deep. The kids seemed to like it! We probably swim for about a hour and then got out to get all dressed again in our ski clothes. It was a neat experience for sure! We then all climbed back into the van and we headed back to our ski house. We had spaghetti for dinner tonight and we all ate and visited. Really fun day!! It snowed a lot late tonight!!
Saturday, we took it easy in the morning and just relaxed and ate some cereal. Kelly and Celeste left to go skiing one more time in Deer Valley. The rest of us hung out at the house and got our ski clothes on. We took the kids out by the hot tub area and Daddy made a snow Furby and then we tried to make a big snowman, but it wasn't working, so we made a small one with a carrot nose and some sticks for the hands and little chocolates for the eyes. It was cute! The girls also made snow angels and we threw some snowballs. It was fun playing in the snow. Bryan started to not feel well this morning, but felt better later today. We went in and the kids had a snack and played with Furby. LaLa watched the kids while Terrell, Bryan, Daddy and I walked down to Main Street and looked in a couple of stores and bought some things. Then it was time to walk back to our house and get ready for our horse drawn sleigh ride tonight. We had another drive come and pick us up tonight in a huge van and it took about 45 mins. to get to the Stillman Ranch. It was with the Rocky Mountain Sleigh Company. We went into a lodge cabin where they had apple cider, hot cocoa, warm bread and chips with salsa. We waited there until it was time to get on the sleighs. LaLa, Meagan, Natalie, Daddy and I were on a sleigh together and then Kelly, Cade, Celeste, Hollan, Terrell and Bryan were on another one together. It was pretty cold, but they had some blankets for us. We didn't go very far from the cabins, it was a nice ride though and we got to look at a river and some beautiful mountains. Then we rode back and they dropped us off at the cabins. The sleighs were wooden, so that was pretty cool. We all got off the ride and went inside of a cabin to all eat dinner together while listening to a guy sing and play his guitar. The dinner was pretty good, it came with a salad, homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, corn thing, Pot Roast, Spaghetti Wheels and peas. For dessert we had a choice of cheese cake, which Daddy got, a brownie with ice cream, which the girls got or Apple Cobbler with ice cream, which I got. I loved it, we had a great time!! Would definitely do this again! The singer played Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer for us. Then it was time to go back into our van and we rode back to our house. We all unloaded and then we all had to start packing since we were all leaving the house tomorrow. We found out tonight that Celeste and Kelly's flight got cancelled and rescheduled for Tuesday, so that wasn't the best news. We all tried to sleep.
Sunday, when we got up, we all finished packing. LaLa had left already, so she could make her flight. Then Kelly, Celeste, Hollan and Cade left to go to the airport to try to see if they could get a better flight. Terrell and Bryan's ride, Rich, came to pick them up and then Daddy, the girls and I loaded up and we headed to Salt Lake City to the downtown area to go to the Salt Lake Mormon Temple. We met up with Terrell and Bryan there, Bryan still was not feeling well again. It was a beautiful temple. We didn't get to go inside, but we saw a model of what it looks like inside. We did get to go into a building where the choir practices which was kind of a dome shape. It echos really well. We told Terrell and Bryan bye because they were headed to the airport and then we found a place for us to eat at from the internet called The Blue Plate Diner. It was pretty good!! We all got breakfast to eat. I tried a breakfast quesadilla and it was yummy!! We then went to our La Qunita where we were going to be staying that night and got to our room and Daddy started not feeling well. We got settled and then I took the girls to Celeste and Kelly's room, so we could say hi!! Natalie kept bugging me to go back to the room, so we didn't stay long, but they seemed to be doing okay, they had ordered a pizza. I took the girls back to our room and Daddy was sleeping. Later on, I took them for a walk to look at the pool and hang out in the lobby. When Daddy woke up, we left to go to a Rite Aid, then to eat at an Apollo for dinner, the fries sauce there was yummy!! Then we got gas and headed to our hotel. We got the girls bathed and really for bed early because we were going to have to get up so early. We fell asleep watching The Muppet Movie.
Monday, we got up at 3am to get dressed and left the hotel. We turned in our rental car and then we checked into the airport. We boarded our plane and lucky it had tvs on it, yay!! We paid for them!! The girls did great on this flight because of the TVs!! We took off at 5am Utah time and then landed about 8:30am our time. We waited forever for our luggage, but just happy to be back to Houston! We got to the shuttle to take us to our truck and then I drove us back to Navasota, everyone fell asleep, I was so tired to, but kept myself awake!! Daddy still wasn't feeling well. He needed to go by work for just a little bit and the girls and I went to LaLa's to get a couple of things she brought back for us. Then we picked up Daddy and we came home. We unloaded and then the girls played their new Disney game on TV and Daddy and I took a nap. We were all so tired!! I had a twin meeting tonight, so Daddy watched the girls. Alicia rode with me to Johnny Carinos where the meeting was. It was fun, but I was still so tired! I dropped off Alicia and then I went to the grocery store. Then I came home and helped put the girls to bed.
Tuesday, I took Meagan to school and Natalie wasn't herself, so I decided to keep her with me. Daddy was still sick, so he was at home to. Natalie and I played the Disney game and then I had to take a nap, I was still sleepy. Then I fed Natalie and we went to pick up Meagan from school. When we got home, they just wanted to play the Disney game again.
Wednesday, I took the girls to gymnastics and Addison is taking the class at the same time now and Haven and Harrison are still coming to, so we have a fun group! Meagan didn't want to jump on the trampoline, so I was a little concerned about that, but she was okay. We came home to eat lunch and then it was time to go to speech class. We came home and Daddy came home shortly after (he tried to go to work, but still sick). He has the flu for sure. I started feeling bad to and my cough got worse. We took naps and the girls played their game again. I feel bad that they have to play that so much, but we just don't have the energy right now!!
No comments:
Post a Comment