Thursday, January 30, 2014

Cold, Cold Cold Weather and a Little Snow

Thursday, January 23rd, I took the girls to school and Natalie started crying, saying she wanted to stay with me.  It was sweet, but I know that it is also because she wants to stay home and probably play with Furby and video games, but she says it is because she wants to be with me.  I still think it is sweet.  Then I came home and did somethings around the house.  Then it was time to go have some lunch with Michelle B.  I met up with Michelle at Cheddar's and we had a great lunch catching up!!  After lunch, I ran some errands and then I picked up the girls.  Their teacher said that Natalie kept talking about Furby all day and even drew a Furby, lol.  Meagan drew some really cute pictures to.  We came home, it was getting cold outside.  We played at home the rest of the day and Grandad came by to say hi for just a little bit.  He headed out and I was trying to heat up a frozen king ranch chicken for Daddy and I to eat dinner, but it took about three hours to cook, so we ate pretty late.  We had fun playing Uno and video games with the girls and reading books to them.  Really cold night tonight!!




Friday, we woke up to some snow being outside!!!  We got dressed and I took the girls outside to touch  the ice and snow and we took a couple of pictures.  We then came inside and they played while I got cups of water to put on the vehicles, so we could see out the windows.  Then I took the girls to school to help celebrate 100 days of school with their class.  We brought 100 gummy bears to add to the snack they were making with all sorts of snack foods.  After everyone got their snacks, we went to another room to watch 'Tangled'.  The girls sat by me, it was sweet.  Then after the movie, we went to their class and they got to color and cut a 100.  Meagan even had time to draw a family picture.  We then left there and we drove out to Joanna's house for a little bit for a playdate with Joanna, Haven and Harrison, Alicia and Andrew, Michelle, Hampton and Haley.  It was fun!  Meagan, Haven and Natalie played together really well.  They are really enteracting.  We left there around 2pm and we came home, still really cold outside!  We played at home and tried to stay warm!!  When Daddy came home, we all went to eat at a new restaurant in town called 'Boneheads'.  It was pretty good!  Then we had to drop something off at Grandad's and then we came home.  Good day!
Saturday, I made a big breakfast this morning, but only Daddy and I ate it.  We then all got dressed and then we ran a couple of errands and went shopping for a couple of things.  We ate lunch together in Downtown Bryan at Margie's Grill and the girls played a little pool.  We then came home to play games.  In the evening, we went over to Kody, Kayla and Kolton's house.  They were making burgers and fries.  Their friends, Nick and Gretchen and their kids were there to.  It was fun, we had a good time talking and eating.  The kids all had a good time playing and they made a huge mess with the play dough, but they were having fun.  So glad that they had us over.  We came home around 9:45 and we all went to bed.

Sunday, I got some things done around the house while the girls played.  Then we all got ready for church and we took the girls to their class, while Daddy and I went to church.  After church, we saw Kayla, Kody and Kolton again and said hello.  Then we came home and we all ate lunch.  Then around 2:30pm, we all went to tell Olivia, Elizabeth, Andrew and Alicia hi at the park and then we headed up to Reed Arena for the Women's Aggie Basketball game.  We met up with Kelly, Mike, Miley, Kaylee, Macenize and Calee, Crystal, Steven, Caden and Carlee.  It was Kelly's birthday, so we helped her celebrate.  It was a good game against Tennessee, but we lost.  Natalie didn't like the noise at first, she started crying, but she got better.  The girls ate some dinner there and got a cookie.  We got the girls and other kids to take a picture with Roy, our friend that is a yell leader.  Then we all took some pictures outside of Reed.  I walked with the girls and Daddy to the truck and told them bye.  He was going to take the girls to Awana, while I went to eat with Kelly and Crystal and their families.  We all ate at the Texas Roadhouse.  We had a good time.  It took about two hours there.  Kelly got to ride the saddle.  I love them, they are all so sweet!  We all said goodbye and then I came home.  Daddy had already picked up the girls from Awana and they were at home playing video games together.  Meagan missed Awana last week, so she had to say four verses, but she got all of them.  Good for her!  And Natalie got her two also, yay!!  Then we all got ready for bed.
Monday, Marcia comes today, so I had to straighten the house up a little bit this morning, while the girls played.  Then we met up with Joanna, Haven and Harrison, Alicia and Andrew at Wings-N-More for lunch.  The kids played together in the kid area and had fun, while the adults talked, it was nice.  We had to get going because we had to meet up with Marcia.  We talked to her for a little bit and then the girls and I went to the library and checked out about 15 books.  Then we went to Target to get a birthday present for this weekend.  Then we headed over to Alicia's house to watch Andrew, while Alicia went to pick up the girls from school.  When they got back, all the girl went outside to play on the trampoline.  It was cute to watch them on there.  They were having fun!  Andrew went out there for a little bit to.  Then they came in because it was cold and played inside for just a little bit and Brandon came home early, so we headed out, so they could have some family time.  We came home to a nice clean home!!!  I played an Ariel game with the girls and some Uno.  Daddy helped Grandad grocery shop before he came home, so I got the girls dressed and ready for bed.  When he came home, we all read a bunch of library books.  They got these flashlight stuffed animals the other day and love them.  They like reading books with them in the dark and then falling asleep with the flashlight on.  We always lay with them for a little bit and then they usually fall asleep, but they wanted to play tonight.
Tuesday, the girls crawled into our bed this morning and then Daddy gave the girls another Disney Infinity Character (bad guy from Incredibles movie) as a surprise, so they wanted to play it right away.  It is another cold and icy day, so school started later today.  I had to get the ice off the truck again.  We even got to roll the windows down and the ice would still be on it, so we had fun getting the ice off.  It is Texas day at school today, so I put the girls in Aggie shirts.  I dropped them off and Natalie got sad again, silly girl.  Daddy stayed home from work today and worked from home, so I got to hang out with him and write this blog while he was working.  I went to pick the girls up from school and then we came home.  Daddy did some work and then had some time to play with the girls.  They played video games together for a while.  We read a bunch of library books to them tonight and then it was time for bed.  The girls love having Daddy home, they don't want him to go to work. ;)
Wednesday, I took the girls to gymnastics in the morning and they had a fun time.  I had fun talking to the moms upstairs and watching the girls downstairs.  Right after gymnastics, I got the girls shoes on and we left to get to Barnes and Nobles in time for a story time.  They read 'What Is Your Favorite Animal'.  My friend, Julia, was there with her youngest boy.  Good to see her.  Then the girls and I stayed and read books and played and picked out a birthday gift for Chloe.  Then it was time to come home and eat some lunch.  I made some grilled cheese sandwiches and then played with the girls a little bit with Uno.  Then they wanted to play video games, so I got that set up and I had to go lay down because I had a headache.  The girls came to watch TV with me and then we got up and played and I made some pork chops, Mac-n-Cheese, green beans and mashed potatoes for dinner, yum!  Daddy came home from work to eat with us.  Then he played with the Tinker Toys with the girls building things.  He even did flashcards with them and we all played a match game.  Then it was time for bath and then read some books and then lay with them and tell stories and sing songs.  Our usual routine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment